Monday, January 28, 2013

I'M BACK!

Hi, my name is Rachel and I am a blog slacker.  I haven't updated this blog is a little over 2 years, but that's okay because it's my blog and I can do what I want.  =P

A lot has happened in the past two years:
  • I quit my job after 10 years of service by accepting an newer, more exciting job that I absolutely love.  
  • I changed my hair color - a couple of times






This is the most recent.  It was supposed to be dark brown on top with a dark reddish/purple underneath.  My dark brown is SO dark that it's black, but the reddish/purple is amazing! I love how it turned out.  =)

  • I met a guy, fell head over heels and he broke my heart =(
  • Midnight and I moved out of our one bedroom apartment to live with a friend for a year.
  • I went to my first Mega Con in Orlando
It's a Totoro backpack with all of my Firefly buttons that have clever sayings on them from the show.

Genny and I.

Me, Amanda & Katie.

Me, Katie, Genny and Amanda right before Geeky Speed Dating.

Genny & Katie are dressed up as anime characters, I made that shirt, and Kenny came to hang out with us that day.

  • I attend an Amazing church now: www.coe22.com
  • Midnight and I moved out of my friend's house and back into an apartment all by ourselves  


  • I lead a Women's Bible Study out my new apartment

This was the first book we studied.  It came with a 10 week DVD series, which was nice.  The study was quite good
This is the book we are currently working on.  The lessons really make me think, feel, get angry and recognize my selfishness.  It also has recipes after each chapter, which makes it even more awesome.

  • I met a guy thru online dating, but he turned out to be a scammer after asking me for money
  • I learned that I'm a pretty good sharp shooter
Me and Amanda in Bradenton at the Gun Range.









See how close I came to the X!!!!
I could kill a zombie if necessary.



  • I have started crafting more

This scarf was for Kenny.
This was for my Alternate Mother Unit (AMU)


This is my newest nephew sporting my first baby shark hat
Baby Shark hat
My sister n law wanted egg cup cozies. I found the pattern on Pinterest.
Penduckin (Penguin face, Duck body and Chicken tail)

Blanket for my 5 yr old nephew
Blanket for my 2 year old nephew





Purple snowflake for Amanda - Medium: toilet paper rolls


  • I am an aunt of 3 growing boys
  • I am addicted to conversation hearts

  • Midnight continues to try to kill me.
OH THIS HURT!

He looks innocent, but he really isn't. He's a ninja

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Glad you're back. Loved the updates! Look forward to more posts. Hope you post about the breakfast muffins. Those looked yummy! XoXo