Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Lyon's attack table

I'm house/dog sitting for my friends, Will & Laura, who left early Sunday morning to drive to NC to see her family. Eeyore and Rosie are both very sweet dogs and for the most part are pretty laid back. Anywho, this past Sunday evening, I was cooking some rice on the stove for my office's potluck the next afternoon and set the oven timer to let me know when it was ready. Their oven timer sounds like a smoke detector going off, so I hurried to turn it off. In my haste, I caught the side of my left leg on their side table, and boy oh boy......it got me good. Sure, to the naked eye, one might say, "you should have been more careful where you were going," but those who really understand this type of thing will agree with me that lack of attention will cause furniture to attack!

This is the table - yes, I know, it looks sweet and charming and innocent....with it's candy dish filled with yummy red and green M&M's....

But just look at it's sharp corner! That's the corner that attacked me!!!!

It left a huge reminder to NEVER ignore/neglect it again. see.... oh yes, it bled. =(
Even though my leg looks sickly and pasty gray, I wanted to show you just how big the bruise was next to something else, since I didn't have a ruler.

The bruise is on my left leg, but it was easier for me to take a picture of it using the mirror in the bathroom.



Here are a couple of pictures of Rosie and Eeyore playing.



This is Eeyore.
And this is Rosie.
Both of them thought it would be funny if they woke me up every morning at 4:30 to tell me they needed to go potty...Yeeeaaahhh....good times. =)










2 comments:

MissCaron said...

I'm so sorry about your leg chica! Feel better soon and have a happy Thanksgiving!

Laura said...

I'm sorry that our table attacked you. Please don't take it personally.